Monday, February 28, 2011

Post 5-The Tale of the Three Brothers






 
Medium: Digital
This is the Tale of the Three Brothers directed and designed by Ben Hibon for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1. Ben Hibon was born in Geneva, Switzerland and studied graphic design at Central Saint Matins College of Art and Design in London. Hibon got famous off of his short cartoon film Codehunters. This led to him creating the short film in the most recent Harry Potter: The Tale of the Three Brothers. I saw this movie in theatres and my favorite part of the movie was this short film. I definitely wasn't expecting to like it, I was honestly expecting it to be cheesy and just ruin the movie. Woah to my thoughts when the first thing I did after the movie was look up the director of the short film. The first reason I find this short film intrigueing is the color scheme, it's very old school paper and flowing ink colors, with the peach/tan, textured paper used. All of the characters were elongated and very smooth moving with thin stick like limbs that just added to the flow of the characters. All of the clothing was also light and free flowing, like they were on a different gravity scale. Beyond the way the characters and back drop looked, the interaction between Death and the three brothers was magnificent, showing the cunning and trickiness that you might expect from a meeting with death. Death was also skeletal, beyond the point of stick-likeness of the brothers. The overall feel of the short film just makes me want to watch it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment