This is by an artist named Linda Huber. Linda Huber does all sorts of pure graphite drawings with the goal of realism. She has been drawing for 40 years and these types of pieces take her 20-40 hours to do. For me, when I saw some of her pieces, I honestly thought I was looking at a black and white photo. It was kind of like a wow factor when I realized these were all drawn with a pencil. The techniques she uses makes her art look true to life. Drawing these every day objects like cars, people and light bulbs in such a realistic form really shows our innate ability for creation. I chose these two pictures because of the reflections used in the cars, and I like cars. I just find it amazing that a pencil created something that looks like what a camera should have made. This is definitely an artist that I will spend some time checking in on to see new pieces.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Post 4-Pencil Sketchings
This is by an artist named Linda Huber. Linda Huber does all sorts of pure graphite drawings with the goal of realism. She has been drawing for 40 years and these types of pieces take her 20-40 hours to do. For me, when I saw some of her pieces, I honestly thought I was looking at a black and white photo. It was kind of like a wow factor when I realized these were all drawn with a pencil. The techniques she uses makes her art look true to life. Drawing these every day objects like cars, people and light bulbs in such a realistic form really shows our innate ability for creation. I chose these two pictures because of the reflections used in the cars, and I like cars. I just find it amazing that a pencil created something that looks like what a camera should have made. This is definitely an artist that I will spend some time checking in on to see new pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment